Was diagnosed with diverticulitis on friday. Am on metronidazole and ciproflaxacin, feel terrible! Lethargic, flu-like symptoms. Is this expected?

Follow up scheduled? Is this your first bout? Was the diagnosis confirmed on ct? Are you staying well hydrated? Diverticulitis is not too common in young people... Assuming the diagnosis is correct and you are otherwise healthy, a steady improvement is expected. If not, repeat labs or scan maybe needed. More severe cases do require IV antibiotics. Most importantly, you must stay in contact with your treating doc.
Yes. First you have a major infection. So you will be tired. Call the doctor if you have any concerns.