How do doctors treat swollen spleens caused by mono?

No treatment. There is no specific treatment. Surgery is indicated if you develop spontaneous splenic rupture. Avoid dangerous activities that can place you at risk for splenic injury.

Related Questions

I have a bump under my left rib cage where spleen is. It's pretty large. The doctor thinks I have mono. Is it normal to see the swollen spleen?

Confusing question. If you can feel a bulge under your left rib cage it could be a swollen spleen.You would usually never feel one as it is usually tucked down close to the kidney and deep in the abdomen. Mono has many symptoms and a swollen spleen is one of them.You should avoid any physical activity that could increase the risk of trauma to the spleen (horseriding, bicycle riding etc.). Read more...