What is a doula?

A labor coach. That charges a fee to help coach u in labor, in almost every labor room the nurses are very good at coaching you, I rec u save your money as doulas in my area charge around $800, and make sure your OB knows u will be using a doula soeveryone is on the same page before the labor and the doula and OB or midwife need to work together.
Support team. A doula is hired by a patient independently of her doctor and hospital to provide nonmedical physical and emotional support during labor and after birth. Childbirth can be a scary time and some patients find hiring a doula to be helpful.