I have a lump the size of the meatball on the front of my neck. If I see a doctor will they likely recommend surgery?

Dr. Matt Malkin
Anesthesiology

In brief: Sounds big

Definitely get that looked at asap! if you start having difficulty breathing, especially when on your back, go to er. As to what it is, can be goiter, cyst, lymph node or other things.
Workup starts with exam, then may lead to imaging like ultrasound, ct or mri. May get biopsy and blood draws. But first step is going to doctor!

In brief: Sounds big

Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery

In brief: This is a problem

...That should be seen asap and, yes, there is a good chance surgery is needed.
It's a bit concerning that you haven't had an md see it already. I hope this is not b/c of insurance. If so, try a university hosp or medicaid.

In brief: This is a problem

Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery