Can the doctor rule out testicular cancer without any lab tests?

Not completely. If there's a mass, it should be examined by ultrasound. Blood tests can further suggest the likelihood of cancer by finding abnormal amounts of hormones and proteins. Usually entire testicle removed instead of biopsy, because of risk of spreading cancer cells that were previously contained. Exam by pathologist will guide treatment. Ct can evaluate for metastasis.
Yes. A normal physical exam essentially rules out testis cancer. Other diagnostic tests including labs (afp, bhcg, ldh) and ultrasound.