Why are my testicles sore after my hernia surgery?

Swelling, etc. Inguinal hernias are holes in the abdominal wall at the same place where the blood vessels and nerves to the testicle travel. Trauma to these structures in the course of hernia repair can lead to temporary swelling and tenderness following surgery.
Common . It is common to experience pain in the testicle on the side the operation was performed. Usually pain is due to manipulation and dissection of the spermatic cord. This pain should gradually improve. There are a number of complications that can occur and you should see your surgeon for a follow up examination. Knowing more about what type of operation and how long ago would be helpful.