Why are my testicles sore after my hernia surgery?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: Swelling, etc.
Inguinal hernias are holes in the abdominal wall at the same place where the blood vessels and nerves to the testicle travel.
Trauma to these structures in the course of hernia repair can lead to temporary swelling and tenderness following surgery.

In brief: Swelling, etc.
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Joseph Sucher
Surgery - Trauma
In brief: Common
It is common to experience pain in the testicle on the side the operation was performed.
Usually pain is due to manipulation and dissection of the spermatic cord. This pain should gradually improve. There are a number of complications that can occur and you should see your surgeon for a follow up examination. Knowing more about what type of operation and how long ago would be helpful.

In brief: Common
Dr. Joseph Sucher
Dr. Joseph Sucher
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery