How long does hernia surgery usually last?

Depends. It depends on the hernia and experience of the surgeon. Most hernias are repaired in 30 minutes or less. Most hernias mean uncomplicated and not recurrent or extremely large.
Not long. Most simple inguinal hernia operations should take well under an hour. In contrast , surgeons should not hurry through the operation. There is at least one recent report showing higher recurrence rates when the operation is completed in under about 35 minutes.
One hour. Most hernia operations can be performed in approximately 1 hour. Complex hernia repairs such as incisional hernias and some recurrent hernias may take a little longer.