Can you recommend over-the-counter product get rid of scars?

Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Mederma

This is an over the counter preparation that may help to hasten the maturation of scars, but please remember that scars are permanent; they can be improved but not removed.

In brief: Mederma

Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Many products

Topicsl silicone gel sheeting is probably the best but one of the most impractical products.
Therefore topical silicone gels in ointment form with added sunscreen are my next favorite and available in a variety of forms, I am not an advocate of mederma as I have not seen convincing research and the recommendation that it be applied and massaged into the scar 4 times a day which is highly inconveni.

In brief: Many products

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik