After my femoral hernia is surgically repaired what can I do in the hospital to speed up my recovery?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Tincture of time
Healing cannot really be speeded up in most cases, it takes its own time.
Good diet, adequate intake of high biological quality protein, follow up with necessary physical therapy balanced with rest are all good ideas. There is no magic bullet proven to work to speed healing in most cases. Some experimental treatment using electricity to help bones heal faster is exciting, but so far only for bone.

In brief: Tincture of time
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
In brief: Nothing
Femoral hernia repair is almost always ambulatory surgery, meaning that you will be discharged home within a couple of hours after the surgery.
At home, a faster recovery usually involves being up and walking rather than lying around.

In brief: Nothing
Dr. Martin Wertkin
Dr. Martin Wertkin
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery