Is there a difference between a scrotal hernia and an inguinal hernia?

Hernia. Scrotal hernia and inguinal hernias are usually the same. The point of origin is the inguinal region, the hernia then can extend, enlarge and follow the pathway of the spermatic cord towards the scrotum. Then it is a scrotal hernia and prone to more complications.
Not really. Any hernia is a defect in the fascial layer of the abdominal wall. The fascial layer is the strength layer of your abdominal wall. A hernia is a hole in this fascia. Inguinal and scrotal hernias are hernias protruding through the same hole in the fascia of the groin. In scrotal hernias, the hernia just extends into the scrotum as opposed to an inguinal hernia where the hernia stays in the groin.
Yes. A scrotal hernia is a type of inguinal (groin) hernia where the hernia sac has extended out of the groin region and down into the scrotom. These hernias have a higher incidence of complications and should be repaired sooner-than-later.
Distance. Both are inguinal hernias except scrotal hernia reaches the scrotum.Most people refer to an inuinal hernia as being confined to the groin.However, when both are indirect due to persistent, patent outpouching of the peritoneum then a loop of bowel, appendix or omental fat can pass.A direct inguinal hernia is due to a bulging weakness or defect of abdominal muscle in the groin. Indirect can obstruct.