My doctor told me I have gynecomastia. What is that?

Dr. Robert Deal
Surgery
In brief: Male breasts
Male breasts can be surgically treated and there are a number of options.
The most common is using liposuction to reduce the size of the male breast. We typically try this first; even if it does not completely cure the problem, it will often lead to a large reduction in the size of the breast. If the breast...(read more) .

In brief: Male breasts
Dr. Robert Deal
Dr. Robert Deal
Dr. Mathew Sorensen
gynecomastia is male growth of breast tissue. It often happens due to medications or obesity. Something that upsets the hormonal balance to increase estrogen levels.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Gynecomastia
Gynecomastia comes from the greek meaning "gyne" meaning woman and  "mastos"  meaning breasts.
 it refers to abnormal development of large mammary glands in males. Although there may be many “causes”, most cases are idiopathic (no specific cause). The use of certain medications, drugs, organ dysfunction (kidney or liver), hormonal imbalances etc. May also be causative.

In brief: Gynecomastia
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
In brief: Male breast enlarged
This term refers to breast enlargement in men.
It can be caused by hormone imbalances, endocrine disorders, and problems with the liver and kidneys.

In brief: Male breast enlarged
Dr. Michael McGonigal
Dr. Michael McGonigal
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery
In brief: Male breast
Developement.

In brief: Male breast
Developement.
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery