What can be done for head and neck pain from arthritis in the cervical spine?

Dr. Nabil Moufarrej
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: Neck pain

This needs to be checked to assess the severity if no significant pathology anti inflammatory meds and muscle relaxants may help as will exercise and pt.

In brief: Neck pain

Dr. Nabil Moufarrej
Dr. Nabil Moufarrej
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues

In brief: Myofascial Therapy

Think flesh not bone! wellness is vital to controlling any headache or pain issue.
Magnesium is also vital. It will help relax the associated muscles, decrease stress, stabilize sleep and help other meds and therapy to work efficiently. Self or profess massage, chiropractor, yoga, heat, stretching all are needed. My favorite in my practice is acupuncture and myofascial tissue release.

In brief: Myofascial Therapy

Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Several things

First, try sleeping with one small pillow and use tyjenol or Ibuprofen or Naproxen if no contraindications.
If a smoker, stop. Try heat applications and some gentle stretching in a hot shower. Avoid activities that aggravate your neck and avoid prolonged positions. If no better, get evaluated for further options based on findings.

In brief: Several things

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine