Why would my doctor tell me to avoid tamoxifen?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: Risks vs. benefits
Tamoxifen is a very effective drug for the prevention and treatment of hormone-sensitive breast cancer.
However, like all medications, there are small risks associated with tamoxifen, including a risk of blood clots, stroke, uterine cancer, and cataracts. I would suspect that your dr. Felt that the risks outweighed the benefits in your case or that your cancer was not sensitive to tamoxifen.

In brief: Risks vs. benefits
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery
In brief: Speak to you doctor
I recommend speaking with you doctor. Do you have breast cancer? It would be a good idea to get a 2nd opinion.

In brief: Speak to you doctor
Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery