Is breast augmentation surgery painful?

Moderately. Discomfort after breast augmentation surgery varies but most patients will need prescription strength pain medication for about 3 days.
Varies. This varies depending on the person, the type of augmentation performed, and what is used for pain control. Augmentation under the pectoralis muscle can be slightly more painful. Oral pain medication as well as Valium to relax the muscle is given after surgery. Pain is usually well-controlled with these.
Yes. Any type of surgery involves an incision and is therefore associated with pain. The amount of pain experienced is different for each patient.
Somewhat. Patients who undergo breast augmentation find that they need to take pain medicine regularly for about 5-7 days. Implants under the muscle may require a little more healing time. In addition, some patients also benefit from taking valium to help them rest. Pain after surgery is variable, and some patients may require less pain medicine compared to others.
Breast Aug Pain. Breast aug is probably one of the most painful plastic surgery procedures. However, the good news is that plastic surgeons can now use pain pumps to alleviate the majority of the pain in the first few days post operatively. The pain pump is usually an 'optional' component cost to the surgery. However, in my practice most patients go for it! Dr. Ricardo rodriguez baltimore, maryland.
Pain. Pain is relative. If the implants are placed under the muscle there can be more pain post procedure than an implant placed under the breast tissue/above the muscle. The post procedure pain can be lessened with some techniques involving longer acting local medications used as a field block like Exparel.
Not really. With the newer techniques, most of our patients are pleasantly surprised about their recovery after breast augmentation. 80% of them use their pain pills for 2 days or less.
Minimally. Most of my patients are able to go out to dinner on the night of their surgery, and routinely will need narcotic pain medication only to sleep. Technique and implant choice play a large role in the amount of pain associated with this surgery.
Controlled. Most patients experience pain and soreness after breast augmentation. At its highest intensity it may last one to three days. Soreness continues for 1 to 2 weeks. It is usually well controlled with pain medication and well tolerated.