If I have a painful breast lump, should I go to urgent care or my pcp?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: PCP
An urgent care center is better-designed to treat emergncies; most pcps have more experience dealing with breast disease.
However, if you think you have a breast abscess (redness, swelling, fever, severe pain) and your pcp is unavailable, it is reasonable to seek out immediate attention at an urgent care center.

In brief: PCP
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery
In brief: Depends
If you are having redness over the lump and fevers, then you should go to urgent care.
Otherwise you can see your pcp who can refer you to a breast surgeon or breast center.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham