I've developed a second breast lump in a matter of days. Is it likely to be cancer?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: No
I guess my first question is, what was the first lump? In general, a new lump that appears to develop "overnight" is often a breast cyst, a fluid filled lump that develops after a duct becomes blocked.
It is almost impossible to distinguish a cyst from a cancer by exam alone; an ultrasound can determine this easily. Regardless, any new lump in the breast warrants physician evaluation.

In brief: No
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgery - Oncology
In brief: See your doc
You should alert your friend primary care physician as to any changes you detect in your breasts.

In brief: See your doc
Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Larry Grissom
Radiology
In brief: No
Lumps arising rapidly may be cysts or hematomas (blood containing masses such as after trauma or a biopsy).

In brief: No
Dr. Larry Grissom
Dr. Larry Grissom
Dr. Adam Levy