I have sharp pains in my left breast; could it be cancer?

Most likely not. Breast cancer does not typically present with pain unless you have a large, firm mass and changes in the skin. You could be experiencing fibrocystic changes but you should also rule out heart disease-which can present differently than in men. Seek out your gynecologist or primary care doctor for evaluation.
Probably not . Pain is not a common symptom of breast cancer. You should however alert your friendly primary care physician as to your symptoms.
Yes. Breast pain may be a sign of cancer, however, breast pain is far more commonly due to benign processes. Prior to menopause, cyclic changes in hormone levels may lead to breast pain. Common medications including birth control pills and anti-depressants may cause pain. After menopause, a very common cause of pain actually arises from the chest wall and is referred to the breast.