How will I know when to ask for pain medications after breast implant surgery?

Before surgery. Your pre-operative visit will include details on pain management including which medications to use. Most patients rely on them for 3-5 days and you will be given a prescription.
Pain Medication. Your surgeon and his/her staff will go over the procedure for pain management after surgery. Talk to your surgeon to get the best advice as he/she knows you best. Most offices have the patient get the pain medication ahead of time and have it ready for the day of surgery.
As needed. Your surgeon will give you a prescription prior to your surgery. Take the pain medication as needed for pain for the first few days. http://www.dassmd.com/breast-augmentation/index.html.
Prescription. Normally a surgeon will give you a prescription for pain medication after your procedure.