How quickly you get the results from laboratories on a breast lump biopsy?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: 1-3 days
This varies quite a bit from hospital to hospital.
At my hospital, biopsies from the breast center are made top priority so that the results will return in 1 day, provided that it is received by 3pm. Pathology reports following breast cancer surgery may take a little longer, on the order of 2-3 days. Special studies such as tumor markers may take as long as a week.

In brief: 1-3 days
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Eric Brown
Breast Surgery
In brief: 2-3 Days
The answer will vary depending on the hospital.
At my institution we will get results quickly; if there is a cancer, the pathologist will call, sometimes within 2 days. A 'stat' result can be obtained in 1 day, but this taxes the pathology department, so, we tend not to take advantage too often.

In brief: 2-3 Days
Dr. Eric Brown
Dr. Eric Brown
Dr. Shontae Buffington