Why does my back crack all the time? I'm 23 years old.

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Several reasons

It may be the way you are built or that your musculature is just tight.
Cracking noise or sensation can be from several origins ranging frim the small joints of your back "popping" like the cracking of your knuckles to tight soft tissue structures giving the same sensation when stretched or moving over one another or another musculoskeletal structure. It is not a pathologic or bad thing.

In brief: Several reasons

Dr. Joan Kinlan

In brief: It's uncertain.

Sometimes peoples backs are cracking because they tried to make it happen repeatly.
If you didn't do this, it would be helpful to have a consultation to understand why.

In brief: It's uncertain.

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine