How long does it take for UTI symptoms to go away once treatment is started?

Dr. Michael Swor

In brief: Quickly

Common UTI symptoms will usually improve after a single dose of appropriate antibiotics, especially if a urinary tract pain reliever is used.
I expect all symptoms to be essentially gone within 1-2 days. If not, a follow up check up should be done.

In brief: Quickly

Dr. Michael Swor
Dr. Michael Swor

In brief: Usually within 24 hr

Usually soon but it can take longer. If the kidney is involved it will take several days.
If it's not getting better make sure a culture was done and the antibiotic you were given is correct. www.peedoc.com @thepeedoc.

In brief: Usually within 24 hr

Dr. Roscoe Nelson
Dr. Roscoe Nelson
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine