What medications should I take for juvenile arthritis?

Dr. Robert Lowe
Pediatric Rheumatology

In brief: MTX & TNF-inhibitor

Kids tolerate the combination of weekly Methotrexate injected under the skin(mtx)and a tnf-inhibitor(enbrel, humira, (adalimumab) remicade)so well, there is no reason to not start both medications.
The goal in children should be no active arthritis.There is not the same risk of infections that adults have w/ meds.Kids are growing and anything less than total remission of their disease can inhibit normal growth.

In brief: MTX & TNF-inhibitor

Dr. Robert Lowe
Dr. Robert Lowe
Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Pain Management

In brief: Arthritis medication

There are a number of different classes of medication that might be effective.
I would suggest seeing a rheumatologist experienced in seeing pediatric patients for their recommendations.

In brief: Arthritis medication

Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Dr. Shontae Buffington