Can I test my unborn baby for breast cancer?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: No

If you are at high risk for hereditary breast cancer, you may undergo a simple blood test to determine if you inherited one of the mutations associated with breast cancer. If you have this mutation, any of your children could be tested, as well.
Keep in mind that the presence of this mutation does not always translate into a 100% risk for developing breast cancer.

In brief: No

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery

In brief: No currently

Breast cancer is not one of the diseases tested on unborn babies.
Most breast cancers are sporadic and not passed through families. There is a brca gene that is passed through families. There are certain indications for testing.

In brief: No currently

Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Jonathan Jassey