Should I wait any amount of time after getting off the pill to try to get pregnant?

Dr. Craig Sweet
Although not all studies have shown it, there seems to be a slight increased risk of polyovulation (multiple ovulations) the month after hormonal contraception is discontinued which can result in twins.
Twins, while alluring, are high risk pregnancies with increased costs, weight gain and complications. Best to have them one at a time and perhaps best to wait a month!

Dr. Craig Sweet
Dr. Craig Sweet
Dr. Scott Rogers
I generally recommend waiting at least 1 full cycle after getting off the pill.
There is no harm to getting pregnant without waiting, but allowing yourself to have 1-2 menstrual cycles off the pill will generally make it easier to know when you conceived and help with dating a pregnancy.

Dr. Scott Rogers
Dr. Scott Rogers
Dr. Jane Van Dis