What are the differences between dhea and 7-keto?

Dr. Paul Cohen
In brief: The branding...
These 2 compounds are basically similar; and some even come in the same formulation/powder; so you can make shakes from it to enhance your workouts.
Companies like twin-labs; now foods, etc. All have their own...And my sage advice on questions like this is let the buyer beware! always ask your doctor before starting any new medication/supplement!

In brief: The branding...
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Edward Workman
Pain Management
In brief: Hormone v. wgt. loss
DHEA (dehyroepiandrosterone) is an adrenal hormone that is a precursor of testosterone.
"7-Keto" is a DHEA derivative, 3-acetyl-7-oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone. 7-Keto is a by-product of DHEA metabolism; when taken orally it has been shown to increase metabolism and increase the body's heat production, thus functioning as a weight loss agent.

In brief: Hormone v. wgt. loss
Dr. Edward Workman
Dr. Edward Workman
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine