Can omega-3 cause depression?

Indirect thyroid efc. When the quality of supplement is not good the mineral additives affect the thryoid hormone production. Thyroid stress indirectly creates low metabolism and depression.
Jury is still out. The desired effects are fairly well established, side effects are not. There are no studies to support depression as a significant side effect to omega-3 use. Adverse responses are nausea, diarrhea, heart burn, burping a fish oil taste. More serious are reports of bleeding abnormalities, possibly strokes, blood sugar elevation (those already diabetic) and raising good( ldl) cholesterol.