Is there any collagen in anti-aging cream?

Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Anti-Aging Medicine
In brief: Depends on the cream
Some anti-aging creams contain collagen.
Others contain vitamins, peptides, etc. Check the ingredients of the particular cream you're interested in.

In brief: Depends on the cream
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: What the manufact. ?
Anti aging creams contain different things.
The absorption through the skin limits the use of some. Creams with hyaluronic acid or hyaluronidase in theory could be the best ( injectables definitively are effective for several months and are available like restylane, (dermal fillers) juvederm and others. In liquid form "pro-collagen" is metabolized into collagen and help against wrinkling. Vit. E needs p.O.

In brief: What the manufact. ?
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Homeira Izadi
If you want to use any topical collagen cream, you have to apply it along with micro needling to penetrate into the skin, otherwise it doesn't work, and of course injectable collagen as a tissue filler is very effective as well.
Dr. Louise Andrew
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Some do, but
It depends on the cream. But regardless, collagen doesn't get across the skin very easily, so it is not a good choice.
Better to use a vitamin C preparation and use sunscreen ALWAYS. Spend the money on these and a nice hat instead.

In brief: Some do, but
Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery
In brief: A better question...
... would be, "Do I care if there's collagen in it?" I haven't looked at every bit of research, but I'm unaware of any known benefits, other than sales, of topical collagen.
..

In brief: A better question...
..
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. David Lipson
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: It doesn't matter.
Anti-aging creams contain a wide variety of ingredients, especially if they invoke popular buzzwords.
Including collagen is a waste of your money, since it is a large protein molecule which cannot penetrate the skin. Topical collagen (applied to the skin surface) has no beneficial effect that I know of.

In brief: It doesn't matter.
Dr. David Lipson
Dr. David Lipson
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine