What's the prognosis for stage 3b non small cell lung cancer?

Dr. Rada Ivanov
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Not good

Stage 3b non-small-cell-lung cancer is a very heterogeneous group of patients and as such there is no unanimous hard data on survival, unlike the earlier stages.
Some may benefit from chemo- and radiation therapy to shrink the tumor and be resected. My advice is to go to the most renowned lung cancer specialist that is available to you and hope for the best.

In brief: Not good

Dr. Rada Ivanov
Dr. Rada Ivanov
Dr. Loki Skylizard
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Have hope

As noted by other physician, there are statistical based survival estimates by stage.
But, each patient is an individual. It is most critical to speak with your cancer team. They will develop multi-disciplan approach and treatment plan and have a more personalized/individualized determination of reasonable individual prognosis.

In brief: Have hope

Dr. Loki Skylizard
Dr. Loki Skylizard
Dr. Steven Seres