What is meant by end stage ovarian cancer?

Not curable. Typically when someone refers to end stage they are describing a case that is not curable. Most of the time these are patients who have developed disease that has spread to parts of the body outside of where the cancer originally developed (i.e. Metastasis).
Stage 4. End stage means the cancer is advanced and has spread. All treatments have been exhausted and or any other treatment is not felt to be beneficial to the patient. Not all doctors however agree on when to stop therapy and a second opinion to see if others agree may be useful.