What can I do to treat a bacterial infection of the parotid gland?

Antibiotics and... Sialogogues are used. The latter are stimulants of salivation such as lemon drops. The infection is usually related to dehydration with plugging of the duct.
Antibiotics plus. I prescribe an antibiotic that is effective against staph as well as recommending hot moist soaks to the gland, lots of water to drink and sugar free lemon candy to stimulate salivary flow. Keflex and Duricef (cefadroxil) are 2 antibiotics i find most effective.
Keflex or dicloxacil. Parotid gland infection, if bacterial, will usually respond to Keflex or dicloxacillin.