When should I be worried about breast cancer?

Prevention. Women should be concerned about breast cancer. But with proper screening and early detection the best chances for a cure are achieved. Meet with you doctor and discuss your risk and form a plan.
Age-dependent. The incidence of breast cancer increases with age. While the lifetime risk of breast cancer is 1:8, a more meaningful statistic is the risk in any decade of life. For example, us women have a 0.4% chance of breast cancer in their 30's, 1.5% in their 40's, 2.4% in their 50's, and 3.5% in their 60's. Unless you are in a high-risk group, i suggest getting mammograms beginning at age 40.