26 year old male, no insurance. My blood pressure is about 165/95, if I quit drinking and chewing, how much will my BP drop, numbers wise. Scared!?

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Could normalize

You you are heavy and drinking/chewing excessively, dieting/exercising to get to ideal body wt, stop drinking/chewing may normalize your blood pressure.
No eat too much salt--google up the dash diet (dietary approach to stop hypertention) and follow it. Then check your bp, if still high, consult doc. The money u save from drinks/tobaccos will be more than enough to buy medicines. Good luck.

In brief: Could normalize

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine