What is inflammatory breast cancer, how is it different from other cancers?

Looks like infection. Ibc occurs suddenly with breast pain, redness, or swelling or a rash. Mammograms are often negative because the tumor cells grow in a sheet and don't form a lump. It is very fast-growing and spreads quickly. Immediate chemotherapy is needed. It looks like an infection, so doctors often try antibiotics first, delaying diagnosis. See a medical oncologist immediately if you have these symptoms.
Very aggressive. Inflammatory breast cancer is so named because it spreads from the breast ducts into the lymphatics of the skin of the breast, giving the breast an appearance like an infection. When diagnosed, it is assumed that cancer cells have already spread throughout the body; therefore, our first line of therapy is chemotherapy, followed by mastectomy and radiation therapy.
Clinical and biopsy. Inflammatory breast cancer is a very aggressive and rare firm of breast cancer that is defined by invasion of the dermal lymphatic channels in ones skin. This presents as a red spreading rash on the skin and may or may not be associated with an actual mass in the breast. Skin biopsy is used to diagnose it. Aggressive tx includes chemotherapy, mastectomy, and radiation. Reconstruction possible.
Type of cancer. Inflammatory breast cancer is a rare and very aggressive disease in which cancer cells block lymph vessels in the skin of the breast. This type of breast cancer is called “inflammatory” because the breast often looks swollen and red, or “inflamed.” inflammatory breast cancer accounts for 1 to 5 percent of all breast cancers diagnosed in the United States.