How do you healthily use dietary supplements?

Dr. Kathleen Cullen

In brief: In moderation

The best way to get your proper vitamins and minerals is to eat a well balanced diet loaded with raw fruits and veggies.
I know this is not always easy to do but i would use man made vitamins only if necessary. A diet rich in fish also gives you the necessary vitamin d and omega 3 that our bodies need.

In brief: In moderation

Dr. Kathleen Cullen
Dr. Kathleen Cullen
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Preventive Medicine

In brief: In moderation

With few exceptions, dietary supplements have not been proven to provide special health benefits to someone who eats a balanced, healthy diet.
Exceptions include Folic Acid (folate) (400-800 micrograms / day)for women of childbearing age, which helps protect future babies from spinal cord defects, and vit d (about 800 units/day) in elderly at risk for falls, which reduces the risk of those falls.

In brief: In moderation

Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Paul Hartlaub