Will acupuncture help tendons and ligaments in the knee heal faster?

Dr. Siranush Cholakian
Holistic Medicine
Yes it will. I would also advise you take some glucosamine and chondroitin, be very gentle if you exercise , and if you do exercise to do it in a pool or in the bath tub.
This is all in general . Every case of cause is a little different therefore it is good that you be seen by a processional.

Dr. Siranush Cholakian
Dr. Siranush Cholakian
Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine
In brief: No definite proof
Acupuncture has its place in orthopedic medicine, but I am not aware of any quality medical study that demonstrates that acupuncture results in more rapid healing of tendons and ligaments.
I typically consider referring patients for acupuncture in my practice when traditional treatment measures have not resulted in optimal results. Your physician can help you determine what treatment is best.

In brief: No definite proof
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. James Leiber
Sports Medicine
In brief: Probably
It is certainly possile but would likely require repeated treatments.
Ligaments may not heal themselves well due to poor blood supply and remain less strong as compared to prior to the injury. This may result in looseness in the joint , chronic pain, and susceptibility to more injury. In these cases, prolotherapy or prp injections can also be useful especially when precisely guided by ultrasound.

In brief: Probably
Dr. James Leiber
Dr. James Leiber
Dr. Frank Holmes
The MCL often heals on its own. The ACL, if fully torn, often does not completely heal. The LCL and PCL can heal own their own, depending on severity. Isolated LCL tears are rare. Agree about prolotherapy and PRP. I often use these with ultrasound-guidance when a patient has failed to improve with surgery or desires to avoid surgery.