Does the acupuncture procedure hurt?

For some patients. In some patient's it can be painful, in some not at all. In fact some patients find the procedure incredibly relaxing and fall asleep during the treatment.
Yes and no!? You have to have a treatment to feel what it is like. There are 2 levels of "ouch" that my patients tell me they feel. The first is the skin level ouch. Light as a feather to as if popped by a ruler. The deeper ouch can be from nothing to 7-8 level pain. This deeper pain is the chi or ache in the muscles that signals activation of the healing cycle. You are the guide as to how you tolerate it.