Will acupuncture harm me?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Unlikely
There are several reports of the transmission of hepatitis from unsterilized acupuncture needles.
A few other conditions might also be transmitted such as aids.

In brief: Unlikely
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
2 comments
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
It is the most important tool in medicine ... not using it is harmful and a disservice to the care of patients. All my patient in my general family practice is offer acupuncture from issues with sleep, stress to the notorious reflex sympathetic dystrophy. Or just for fun!!
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Needles are a few pennies apiece and no need to reuse them, no possibility of transmitting diseases.
Dr. Bassam Amawi
In brief: Most likely not
However, if u do it u do it with some one who is aware what he is doing and his needls r steralised.

In brief: Most likely not
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
In brief: Very unlikely
Acupuncture is actually very safe.
Sterile, single use disposable needles are used. Because of the needle diameter (very small) the risk for bleeing or infection problems is extremely low. If you are a fainter - that could be an issue- just let the acupuncturist know so that you can be needled lying down.

In brief: Very unlikely
Acupuncture is actually very safe.
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice
In brief: No
No.

In brief: No
No.
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi