Which migraine medications are safe while breastfeeding?

Tylenol (acetaminophen) and Motrin. Certain medicines are safe for nursing and some are not. Tylenol (acetaminophen) and Ibuprofen are safe medicines for nursing and effective for migraines. If you are on other medicines and want to know if they are safe, speak to your physician. Here's a website where you can access information about the safety of specific medicines: http://toxnet.Nlm.Nih.Gov/cgi-bin/sis/htmlgen?Lact.
Many medications. Migraines are an annoying part of life for many women. Medicines used to treat acute migraines such as tylenol, (acetaminophen) ibuprofen, & sumatriptan generally thought to be safe. Everyday medications to reduce the frequency of migraines such as propranalol & topamax are usually well tolerated. However there is only limited data about these meds. As always check with your doctor about your specific medications.