Why should I get cvs or amnio?

Genetic info. These tests are for women who have a higher risk for having a baby with a genetic problem like down's syndrome and for women who would act on this information such as terminating the pregnancy. Though a cvs can obtain this information much earlier than an amnio, it has a much higher rate of miscarriage than an amnio.
If at increased risk. It is only indicated and may be considered in which there is an increased risk of genetic disorder. If you are 35 or older by the time your baby is due if you previously had a baby with down syndrome or another disoeder like spina bifida and you and your partner are known carriers of genetic disorder like cystic fibrosis.
Genetic evaluation . Speak to your doctor about genetic evaluation. They can help direct you in determining whether this aggressive method is appropriate.