Does a pelvic transvaginal ultrasound hurt?

No. A transvaginal ultrasound is done by inserting an ultrasound probe into the vagina to better evaluate the pelvic organs. Lubrication is applied to the top of the probe to ease insertion. An ultrasound should not be painful. Some women describe a "pressure" sensation but pain should not be experienced.
No. Being a man, i've never experienced one. My patients tell me it can be mildly uncomfortable. Sometimes, in order to see a deep organ, the probe is advanced and a pressure sensation is described.