Could I have had manic episode without being bipolar or depressed?

Yes. Technically and officially, if a person has an episode of mania, that qualifies them as having bipolar disorder, even if they have never been depressed a day in their lives. That is why the old name- manic depression is confusing.
Yes. Episodes that are manic are not uncommon, & do not always mean the person will have ongoing bipolar disorder. Many non-intrinsic factors (lifestyle, personality issues, street drugs, etc.) may trigger rare mania that is not truly bpd. But mania should be taken seriously, and be effectively addressed & monitored. By the way, the diagnosis of "bipolar" doesn't require any episodes of depression.