How effective are flu shots?

Statistics vary... ...But in my own practice, in over 2000 recipients of flu vaccines there were only 6 cases of confirmed flu during an entire flu season.
Minimal benefits. Effectiveness varies but the Cochrane Collaboration analyzed the best research and concluded “71 people would need vaccination to prevent one case of influenza.Vaccination shows no appreciable effect on working days lost or hospitalisation.”
The 2018 shot is said to be only 10% effective.
Many cases of "flu" aren't true influenza or strains not covered by the shot. See https://tinyurl.com/zeccbso.