How does breast cancer develop?

Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: One mutant cell
One normal cell inside your breast mutates (becomes abnormal), and begins to grow.
The normal "stop" signal that tell a cell to stop dividing doesn't work, so the cells keep dividing. One cell becomes two, two become four, four become eight, etc. It takes millions of cancer cells to form a tumor you can feel.

In brief: One mutant cell
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Greg Pahnke
Surgery - Oncology
In brief: Call me 1st if known
Genetics and programmed change or environmental hit of some kind - radiation, chemicals, food or more likely both ie.
Two hits with resultant alteration of single cell - we guess---- does it have to be a special cell -stem cell that changes? I do not know the mega millions is only 460 million friday this answer is worth more.

In brief: Call me 1st if known
Dr. Greg Pahnke
Dr. Greg Pahnke