Physical therapist or chiropracter for back pain?

Both. At our institute we have both. I feel thar formal physical therapy is important. I feel that a well-trained chiropractor can also help. If either makes you feel worse, then i would stop that type of treatment.
See an MD . First see an MD experienced in back pain to ensure that this is musculoskeletal and not nerve or cardiac or ulcer or gallbladder etc. related. He/she may then refer you to a PT who can help with heat, stretching, massage , strengthening etc .
Diagnosis/education. Most cases I see are due to sitters disease or gait (ex; foot position). But you need to identify the origin and rule out more serious causes. Any neurologic issues like numbness in the legs, no muscle weakness, no fever, no urinary pain, fever, genital discharge, acute trauma, insect bites, etc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TO8Il3vdxQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6SXiDCMP3E.