How can skin cancer be treated?

Usually surgery. Most skin cancers are treated initially with surgical excision. In some cases, depending on the type of tumor, other modalities may be employed. These include radiation, chemotherapy, photodynamic therapy, cryotherapy, and others.
Usually excision. Some type of excision is the primary treatment for skin cancers. Usually a biopsy is done, then some means of removal. Options for superficial lesions include liquid nitrogen, shave biopsy, and topical medications. These method are inappropriate for melanomas and deeper lesions which usually need to be surgically excise. Rarely radiation therapy and other modalities can be used.
Depends. This depends on the type of skin cancer. Usually it involves a local treatment of removing the cancer with a margin of normal tissue. It melanoma it may also require the removal of lymph nodes depending the features of the melanoma.