Why does it feel like my heart is racing but its not? My pulse is within normal range but it feels like a rush of adrenaline in my chest. Anxiety?

In brief: Panic Attacks?

There are a number of different types of anxiety disorders.
A common type of anxiety reaction is a panic attack. These typically occur suddenly and can have a variety of symptoms such as anxiety, sweating, feeling hot, short of breath, shaky, chest discomfort, etc. Panic attacks sometimes occur in response to specific triggers, but often are completely random events with no identifiable cause.

In brief: Panic Attacks?

Allison Greco
General Practice

In brief: Could be

You could have anxiety, or you could also have a heart arrhythmia.
This can be detected using an ekg. There are a few other conditions that may also cause this feeling. In any case, you should see your doctor.

In brief: Could be

Answer assisted by Allison Greco, Medical Student
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology