Is there an ultimate diet for losing weight?

Dr. Swati Avashia
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
In brief: One you stick to
If you drop 500 calories out of each day you will lose one pound a week.
Any diet you choose should have a balance of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and protein. Pick something that you can stick to indefinitely. And, find a method of logging your food so you can keep track of your calories. My favorite free food log is "the daily plate" through livestrong.Com.

In brief: One you stick to
Dr. Swati Avashia
Dr. Swati Avashia
In brief: A good tasting one
Successful dieting requires that a person stick to a plan for months or years, so a good tasting diet is important.
He must be happy with the foods he gets to eat, so severe calorie restriction is usually unsuccessful. A person can cut back on calories enough to lose 1-2 pounds a week, and he will be more likely to stay with that modest type of plan. One-two pounds a week is 50-100 pounds/year!

In brief: A good tasting one