I am an 18 year old female with tietze syndrome. I have severe GERD and cannot have oral steroids. What would you're recommedation be to do. I have had a steroid injection, physical therapy, been to the chiropractor and much more. What do I need to do nex

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Complicated

You obviously have a very complicated case of tietze syndrome, also called costochondritis.
This is a form of rheumatism. You should be further evaluated for a systemic form of inflammatory arthritis by a rheumatologist. If that proves to be negative, you should see a pain specialist. Treatment for fibromyalgia with a drug like Lyrica (pregabalin) may provide some relief.

In brief: Complicated

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Oral steroids no

Oral steroids will not help.
It is also called costochondritis. You best long term approach is an exercise and more exercise program. To improve the gerd you need weight loss as well and better overall conditioning is your best long term approach.

In brief: Oral steroids no

Oral steroids will not help.
Dr. Vikram Patel