I inject drugs and missed a vein on top of my foot. It hurts really bad and my whole foot and ankle are swollen. It also blistered. What can I do?

Dr. Joseph Roosth

In brief: Get Help STAT

You could have any number of problems, but my guess would be either a possibly severe infection or a blood clot.
I recommend you go to an emergency center stat as if an infection, this usually requires intravenous antibiotics to fix and if a blood clot in your leg, you really cannot treat that at home either. You have another problem that needs help obviously as well.

In brief: Get Help STAT

Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Joseph Roosth

In brief: See a doctor

The best thing to do is see a doctor, you may have an infection.

In brief: See a doctor

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Kamel Sadek

In brief: Cellulitis

The injection process most likely caused an infection of your foot and ankle.
Unless you have a blood clot in the vessel you injected which could also cause swelling, you most likely need to get treated with an antibiotic. I would definitely seek care at an urgent care center.

In brief: Cellulitis

Dr. Kamel Sadek
Dr. Kamel Sadek
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine