I have been on the mirena (levonorgestrel) for 2 years now and have a period every month but here lately have been cramping 2 weeks after my period what could this mean could I possibly be pregnant?

Dr. Jennifer Frank

In brief: Possibly

You can have cramping with the Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud just related to having an iud in place.
However, if you are having new symptoms of cramping, it would be a good idea to make sure the iud is in place. If you are suspicious you are pregnant - not common with an iud but can happen - you should do a home test as the iud will usually be removed if you are pregnant.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Jennifer Frank
Dr. Jennifer Frank
Dr. Robert Mcbride
Ovarian cysts are another common cause of cramping between cycles with or without an IUD in place. Inflammation of the uterus (endometritis) is another possibility. I would definitely recommend you consult with your physician to determine if your cramping is normal or due to one of these possible problems.
Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: Hopefully not but

You need to do a blood preg test to be sure and you should call the doc who put your iud in so you can be examined and make sure the doc can see the string of the iud so he knows it is still in the proper place , you may need an ultrasound and other blood work.

In brief: Hopefully not but

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Jane Van Dis